Adele Broadbent

NZ Children's Author, Reviewer, Bookseller and Librarian

Te Mata School

On Friday, I visited Te Mata School in Havelock North. The whole school have been doing an AMAZING read-a-thon the past few weeks. But instead of counting how many books they read, they counted the amount of minutes reading! That's fantastic! 

Doing this meant that readers from Year 1 to Year 6 could all participate without the stresses of how fast they can read.
After all - READING is what it's all about.

I was invited to be part of their assembly and wow, what an assembly!
The entire school was dressed up, including the teachers and the principal who was dressed as a lion. As soon as I get some photos, I'll post them up. 
There were witches, Wally's, Mrs Wishy-Washy and even a poached egg!

After a cuppa in the staff-room, I visited Room 22 who have been reading Just Jack. But they haven't finished it yet, so as I answered their questions I had to be soooo careful not to give the story away.

Thanks Room 22. You made my day!